- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Back Pain Treatment from Our Norcross Chiropractor
Some people regard their back pain as a minor annoyance, while for others it's a virtual prison sentence, depriving them of their favorite activities or their ability to earn a living. But nobody should have "just live with" this form of pain and the other symptoms that frequently accompany it. Fortunately, our 770-800-1000 chiropractor and orthopedic surgeon at Injury & Wellness Specialists Of Georgia of Georgia can help you overcome your pain through chiropractic care, sciatica treatment, spinal injections or minimally-invasive orthopedic surgery.
Pain in your back can stem from a variety of causes. Injuries, degenerative conditions or alignment issues can strike any segment of the spinal column. If, for example, a sports injury or car accident injury forces your spine out of alignment, a herniated disc may press up against a major nerve root, causing painful conditions such as sciatica. (Soft tissue damage such as torn muscles or strained ligaments can aggravate the pain further.) Discs may also dislocate due to a chronic spinal misalignment or age-related loss of hydration and height. Years of stress on the facet joints that articulate the vertebrae can cause osteoarthritis, another common form of upper or lower back pain. The pain you feel in one part of your back may be be referred by nerves from another location in the spine.
A Range of Solutions for Upper or Lower Back Pain
If your situation seems all but hopeless to you right now, you'll be delighted to know about the wide range of possible answers available to you at Injury & Wellness Specialists of Georgia. These options include:
- Chiropractic Care - Our chiropractor, Dr. Modaresi, can evaluate your spine for indications of alignment issues, subluxated discs and/or nerve impingement. She can then administer precise spinal adjustments to correct your alignment and spinal decompression to draw discs away from nerve roots. These techniques provide a drug-free, non-invasive form of back pain and sciatica treatment.
- Orthopedic Surgery - If an unsuccessful previous back surgery only succeeded in making your pain worse, our orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Jimenez, can help by performing revision spine surgery to undo the damage. Dr. Jimenez can also perform artificial disc replacement for severely deteriorated spinal discs and kypholasty to repair fractured vertebrae.
- Spinal Injections - Epidural spinal injections can often relieve your pain when all other measures have failed. Dr. Jimenez can inject a mixture of anesthetics and corticosteroids into the spine for significant relief that can last for months at a time.
- Soft tissue rehabilitation - If your muscles or other soft tissues are part of your pain picture, we can prescribe a variety of therapies to help relieve that pain and promote healing. These include laser therapy, massage therapy, corrective exercises and lifestyle advice (such as weight loss to take stress off of the back muscles).
Call Injury & Wellness Specialists Of Georgia of Georgia today at 770-800-1000 for an initial consultation. We can help make your back pain a thing of the past!