- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Chiropractic Care Provides Natural, Holistic for Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain is a common complaint in today's society, where millions of Americans spend hours of their time focused on cell phones, computer screens and tablet devices. Understanding the origins of neck pain and how chiropractic care can help treat your neck pain can be important for your health and healing. At Injury & Wellness Specialists Of Georgia of Georgia, we treat neck pain for people of the community who have been injured or who have strained muscles in their neck.
Frequent Causes of Neck Pain
Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Text Neck. Text neck is the name of a modern condition that occurs when people spend hours of their day bent forward over their electronic devices. Text neck has been shown to affect posture and create chronic pain for many patients.
- Auto injuries. Auto injuries commonly result in whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when a person is jerked forward and then snapped backward in quick succession. Whiplash can cause headaches, dizziness, pain and tenderness in the neck, swelling, stiffness and more.
- Sports injuries. Sports injuries can result in musculoskeletal problems like torn or overused muscles in the neck, shoulders and back.
Chiropractic Care Can Help
If you suffer from sore neck, stiff neck and other problems, now is the time to see your chiropractor. At your appointment, your chiropractor will make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment. He or she can use the following techniques to treat your condition:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to gently realign the vertebrae of the spine. Spinal adjustments help relieve pressure on the joints and eliminate subluxations that can cause the patient pain.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps to relax the muscles and improve blood flow to tight, tense muscles in the body. Massage therapy is an important part of whiplash treatment and can also be used to reduce pain from muscle tension.
- Stretches and exercises. Chiropractors teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that help strengthen their muscles and improve range of motion.
- Lifestyle advice. Auto accidents aside, a big part of neck pain management is teaching patients which behaviors they're engaging in that are causing the pain in the first place. Many chiropractors administer lifestyle advice to teach their patients how to avoid injury in the future.
- Nutritional advice. Often obesity and excess weight can complicate patient muscle problems and injuries. Eating properly can help patients shed extra pounds and reach a healthier, more manageable weight.
Contact Injury and Wellness Specialists of Georgia for Effective Neck Pain Treatment
Whether you've recently been in a car accident or have slept on your neck wrong, Injury and Wellness Specialists of Georgia can help. If you're looking for sore neck treatment in Norcross, Georgia, contact Injury and Wellness Specialists today at 770-800-1000.